Front lever on the bars

Started by Bouzaidi Jamel, July 9, 2016 · 4 Replies · 2,325 Views

Bouzaidi Jamel

hello everybod , this is my first post . 

well , I have been training on the front lever for about 5 months and something is making me crazy : I am pretty able to hold a full one on the edge of a closet and the staires and   even able to hold it with 2 fingers each arms on a playground's swing (straight arms too )  but still not being able to even hold it on a bar . 

what is the problem ? 

Alessandro Mainente

It's sound strange,basically the full grip (palm grip) prematurely activates the lats , so the bar grip makes it easier. can you post a video of both the form on the different apparatus?

Bouzaidi Jamel

sorry for the delay and thank you for replying ! 

I'll try to post a video of both the form . 

Ah, also , is it true that doing a font lever with fingertips make it easier ?

 

Alessandro Mainente

I don't understand why it should be easier. the fingertips work does not improve itself the pulling movement with SA.

Luke Searra

Bouzaidi, if I were you I would try experimenting with a thumb over, fingers only with no thumb and also false grip (making sure the elbows are straight), and find out which grip feels most natural for you.