I know my form is bad and am wondering if I should be marking the sets as complete.
I'm not aware of any mobility issues, just lack of strength. Dropping down is easy & comfortable, but to roll back to my shoulders requires me to kick my legs almost straight as I'm rolling back. Then on the roll forward I quickly tuck my legs back in so my feet hit the floor and swing my arms way out in front to keep the momentum to get balance back on my feet. Then I bring my arms out to the sides (almost like a swimming motion) as I come up to keep balance. I'm also doing them too slow - I can't always stand right back up. So there's this pause as I'm squatting after the roll before my muscles can launch my weight back up. And then there's the occasional cheater breath or two between reps.
So given all this I know it wasn't honest to say I did 3 sets of 3 reps. But I did say that, and now I'm doing 3 sets of 6 reps, which is giving me more practice and making me stronger. And so maybe this isn't a bad thing???? (But I suspect it might be or I wouldn't be asking)
If I was having a problem with mobility I'd slow it down and get it right before I hurt myself, but since it's strength, should I stick with 3 sets of 3 reps until I can do them perfectly or push myself to do 6 and build the muscles?
Thanks