This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Follow-along videos

Started by Jessica Webber, July 8, 2016 · 6 Replies · 226 Views

Jessica Webber

I am unable to follow along with the videos for F1 due to the content not loading fast enough.  It runs for about 2 seconds, pauses for about 2 seconds, runs for 2 more seconds, pauses again...  So it's impossible for me to use these for pacing myself.  I figured this was a problem with my internet connection but then I tried the Stretch courses, and, despite being 45 minutes long, none of them have ever paused on me (thankfully, or I would have had to get a refund on that - there's no way I write it all down and do it on my own afterwords).  Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?

Julia Quigley

Submit a help request on the main site. I never had those issues with the follow-along videos! 

Glad the stretch course is working for you. But just in case you're in a pinch, you wouldn't have to write down everything. One time I didn't have WIFI to stream, so I pulled up the course page where it lists each exercise on my phone. 

Jochen Friedrich

i have the same issues and unfortunately also have them with the stretch courses and then i run through it step by step - which is great because the instructional videos show great scaling options. It is annoying when i rely on the timer and don´t set my watch and then suddenly the stream stops.

Jessica Webber

Thanks.  Since Julia never has a problem and Jochen always does, it sounds like the problem, when it occurs, it at the end user side.  I'm wondering now if I can view the stretch videos because I tend to do those later in the morning on weekends vs the Fundamentals which I do around 6 AM on weekdays.  I'll test the theory tomorrow when I go to do stretches.  If I still have a problem with the F1 videos but not Stretch I'll put in a tech support request.  I don't want to bug anybody until I rule out a problem here.

Cory Fair

We've discussed this in a few different threads, but I'll touch on it again here. GB is aware of the issue and switched to a new streaming platform that will eliminate any load time delay or buffering in low bandwidth situations. All of the non-Pro+ videos in your workout are already using this and we're in the final testing phases of the Pro+ videos. If it continues to go well, we will flip the final switch in a matter of days. :)

Giovanni Garcea

The new streaming implementation is brilliant! No more problems when streaming in my garage where the wifi signal is not great!

Thanks for upgrading your infrastructure, it is a huge difference.

Wayne Smith
3 hours ago, Giovanni Garcea said:

The new streaming implementation is brilliant! No more problems when streaming in my garage where the wifi signal is not great!

Thanks for upgrading your infrastructure, it is a huge difference.

I agree, thank you!