This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE2 iM

Started by Julia Quigley, July 8, 2016 · 5 Replies · 49 Views

Julia Quigley

First time posting on sPL PE2 iM! My "bench" was a little too low for my resting leg (my knee would have been resting on the ground), but I'll have that resolved by my next workout. 

What should I focus on improving before progressing? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi julia here follow some corrections:

-the not-working leg must be held on the same position as the rest-position. no tilt to the side or elevation of knee (like the left leg in the first rep)

-the working leg should be move at hip height , mo more. you tend to lift the feet above the hips.

-why did you kick you dog in the face? .... i'm joking

on the other side, tempo is good and seems that you do not have asymmetry in your hips. that's a good sign.

Julia Quigley

That was a lightning fast response time!! :) 

-I'll be mindful of the position of the resting leg--I think that will be easier when I'm on a higher platform (didn't want to "cheat" by putting weight on my resting leg). 

-Good to know about only bringing it to hip height! For some reason, I thought higher was better.

what about width? Should I aim for as wide as I can go each time? Or is there a target width/angle?

-My poor dog! Though in my defense, I couldn't see my legs moving and she could. Why did she continue standing there?? Haha.

Yay for tempo and symmetry! 

 

Julia Quigley

How's this height? And is my non-working leg acceptable? 

On the plus side, didn't kick the dog this time :) 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very Nice work Julia.

Julia Quigley

Whoop!