This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fish oil supplements and intermittent fasting

Started by Ben Hack, July 6, 2016 · 6 Replies · 153 Views

Ben Hack

Hi 

 

I've just unlocked the breakfast fats step and have a few questions. I've been doing intermittent fasting (just lunch and dinner) for quite some time. One reason I like it is that I'm just not hungry most mornings and it allows slightly larger lunches and dinners. 

 

Could I break the the fast with some fish oil capsules in the morning to comply with Thrive? Most of the other options are difficult for me as I don't eat fish or eggs (don't like the taste) and try to limit dairy since it doesn't always agree with me. 

 

I'd really like to give Thrive a solid go as I'm searching for a practice life long eating pattern. 

 

Cheers

 

Ben

Jeff Serven

Ben,

Glad you are liking Thrive. In theory you could take some fish oil to comply with "adding a heathy fat to breakfast" but at some point you are going to have to eat solid food. Try a small handful of nuts to start - easy, convenient.

Julia Quigley

Nuts are great for breakfast! My go to paired-down breakfast is .85 oz of macadamia nuts.

Have you tested to see if you're ok with dairy that doesn't have lactose? Cream doesn't have lactose and is an easy way to get healthy fats in. 

Oussama KHELLADI

a little diff question that i was gonna ask is it possible to add Omega 3 fish oil to the breakfast fats so i dont have to eat too much eggs ? since u mentionned also can i add them for example to nuts ?

Julia Quigley

@Oussama KHELLADI, at this point, there are no amounts specified for breakfast fat, so you shouldn't have to eat "too much" eggs. In fact, I almost never eat eggs for breakfast (I don't like them that much!). 

At this stage, all you have to do is eat some kind of healthy fat. As Jeff writes in the lesson, "this can be as simple as a handful of nuts on the way to work."

Fabio Genesoni

Another lactose free option could be a piece of aged cheese.

Ben Hack

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give the nuts a go. 

 

Cheers

 

Ben