This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Instructional Videos for H1?

Started by Jeffrey Bailey, July 6, 2016 · 21 Replies · 854 Views

Jeffrey Bailey

Hi,

Just picked up H1 and M1. Are these slated to get the instructional videos (the ~1 minute videos that the English guy does, hehe) that F1 currently has? These include cues and common problems and are very helpful in F1!

Thanks!

Cory Fair

Eventually, yes. :)

Jochen Friedrich

Great, love the instructional videos, too

Kristjan Jürisalu

Also waiting for these. Thanks a lot!

Daniel Lehnberg

+1, those videos are so good! <3

Chad Moffitt

Agreed.  It's so helpful to have an exercise broken down in detail.

Mark Pennington

logged in to ask this same question.. the instructional videos have been hugely beneficial and I reference them often.

any update on a time frame for these videos for H1?

Everett Carroll

I agree that those videos are outstanding. Maybe @Cory Fair or @Wesley Tan has an estimate for the Handstand videos.

Jeffrey Bailey

Hi guys,

Any updates on this? Finding myself going to other resources for videos, given how technical some of these movements are. Would like GB material to match the Foundations courses here, and others seem to be echoing the same sentiment.

Thanks in advance!

@Cory Fair @Coach Sommer @Wesley Tan

Coach Sommer

Hello Jeffrey,

No, there is no official estimate.  

I never make public estimates.  When they are ready, we will make an announcement.

If you need additional assistance in the interim, contact customer support or post a video for public comments.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

David Tapson

Yep, I find they add huge value too...

Henry Firth

Also waiting for these :-)

Very helpful to see Wesley talk through the details, and to be able to refer to these on a regular basis to ensure good form.

Alessandro Mainente

It is scheduled for the future but there is not a fixed date.

Leigh Hitchcock

Me also,

Those instructional videos are really helpful..not sure if anyone can help but i am a little confused about the rep scheme on the wrist strength exercises.

Also i do not seem to have the flexibility in my knuckles to do the first knuckle walks - what do i do in this case? 

The fingertip walk seems to be really hard also, with all my wait being held by middle finger?

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Leigh, 

It is easiest to help you with exercise execution if you submit a video to video review. I suggest sending in a video of PE1 for each of the wrist exercises. 

What exactly is causing you confusion with the rep schemes?

Daniel Kiely
5 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

What exactly is causing you confusion with the rep schemes?

At a guess I would think it is the same question I have, that being "What is 1r?". Could be wrong on that assumption. 

Also +1 on the instructional videos........ just keeping up the pressure. 

Everett Carroll
5 hours ago, Daniel Kiely said:

At a guess I would think it is the same question I have, that being "What is 1r?". Could be wrong on that assumption. 

As an example, for FKP/PE1, one rep is up with the right, up with the left, down with the right, and down with the left. Mastery is essentially 5x5r@ for the PE's and 5x5r for the SE's. 

Leigh Hitchcock

Daniel 100% on the assumption and thanks for clearing that up Everett.

So 5x1r mean 5 reps 1 round?

Pauline Taube

5x1r means five times one rep. So five rounds of one rep. 1x5r= 5 reps 1 round.

Hope it got clearer :)

Leigh Hitchcock

How much rest between sets?

 

Pauline Taube

I usually superset all fours exercises. If five sets of one rep, I do one rep of each. Then repeat for 5 rounds. Rest should be kept to a minimum :)

Leigh Hitchcock

Thanks Pauline:)