This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weight training during the fundamentals

Started by Ryan Bradley, July 6, 2016 · 3 Replies · 187 Views

Ryan Bradley

Hello,

I just started the fundamentals program and my usual workout routine is 2-3 days of lifting. Typically only 1-2 exercises with heavy weight, bench, squats, and lat pull downs. For cardio I play volleyball 2-3 times per week and do yoga once per week. 

Can I keep that routine and add this in? Or does something need to be sacrificed?

Thank you,

Ryan

Alessandro Mainente

Every additional exercise performed with weight should be appropriately balanced with a mobility exercise in order to avoid structural imbalances with time because this is the major risk.

So you can, but you need to balance every exercise you will do.

Ryan Bradley

Thanks Alessandro. Can you suggest any exercises that would provide the balance? 

Joel Hewitt

Good question. Alessandro can you expand more on what you mean by 'balanced' please

I do weights x4 a week and was thinking to add this in at the start or end of workout. Or said another way what is the best way to use this program if we are currently lifting weights and don't want to loose muscle mass?