This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE3 form check

Started by Tobias Magnussen, July 6, 2016 · 22 Replies · 322 Views

Tobias Magnussen

Been playing around with this element for some time now. Thought it was about time to have a form check, to make sure I'm on the right path - As always, any feedback is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Integrated mobility it is very good, on the PE I would add more posterior pelvic tilt.

Tobias Magnussen

Thanks a lot, Alessandro! I'll keep working some more on the PE - Also need some more strenght in this element, not quite able to hold it 5x 1min. yet ;) 

Are we looking for perfect ppt at this stage of the progressions? Haven't really worked that much on ppt before... Really excited about PE5 is coming up, where we start working more intense on ppt.

Alessandro Mainente

Well, remember that HS it is about hold together different habits...shoulders alignment, head alignment, body alignment. more you learn at this stage and less you need to correct in the future.

Tobias Magnussen

Been working some more on this element. I can hold for 5x 1min. - The question is though, is the level of PPT acceptable or do I still have some more work to do?

As always, all feedback is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Tobias Magnussen

No feedback at all? :\?

Tobias Magnussen

yet another video from 2day:

 

Tobias Magnussen

Here's a new video from 2day - Any improvement???

 

Leo Trinidad
On 7/23/2016 at 8:54 PM, Tobias Magnussen said:

Been working some more on this element. I can hold for 5x 1min. - The question is though, is the level of PPT acceptable or do I still have some more work to do?

As always, all feedback is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

nice effort @Tobias Magnussen your PPT will get better. how is your hollowbody hold? also you can try to extend your hips upward to make your PPT better. 

Leo Trinidad
On 8/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, Tobias Magnussen said:

yet another video from 2day:

 

this one has a lot more piking in the hips and a bit of arching in your lower back.

Leo Trinidad
1 hour ago, Tobias Magnussen said:

Here's a new video from 2day - Any improvement???

 

better line but it is wobbly. before you move to the next element, make sure that you maintain this line without wobbling. keep up the good work @Tobias Magnussen:)

Tobias Magnussen

Thank you, @Leo Trinidad! On my latest video, besides the wobbly part, is PPT and so on acceptable? or anything else I need to improve on?

Leo Trinidad
8 hours ago, Tobias Magnussen said:

Thank you, @Leo Trinidad! On my latest video, besides the wobbly part, is PPT and so on acceptable? or anything else I need to improve on?

the last video is definitely better @Tobias Magnussenyou can still improve it. :) how is your forearm plank and hollow body hold coming along?

 

Tobias Magnussen

Still working on forearm plank and hollow body hold ... it's getting better ... slowly.... gotta be patient ;)

Still a bit shaky on these elements, need some more core strenght :\

Tobias Magnussen

@Leo Trinidad been almost a month since my last form check. Thought it was about time to have a check on my progressions - What do you think of the video below?

Thanks in advance!

Leo Trinidad

awesome work @Tobias Magnussen :) keep up the good work

Tobias Magnussen

Thank you! Any pointers I should notice? Maybe still a bit too wobbly / more ppt? Perhaps a couple of more workouts to make it 100% solid before moving on?

Alessandro Mainente

Stretch a bit your quads and hips flexor in general.

Tobias Magnussen
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Stretch a bit your quads and hips flexor in general.

Which stretch course would you recommend for me? middle split or front split?

Alessandro Mainente

Front split for your hips flexors!

Tobias Magnussen

Been doing stretch series for some time now, trying to fix my quads and hip flexors. What do you guys think of the video below? Any improvement to spot? ... and will I ever be able to master this element? :(? Seems like I've been working on it forever.....

 

Alessandro Mainente

The form it is good but with some quads stretch it could be awesome.

Tobias Magnussen

... I am already stretching my quads and hip flexors using the stretch series. Do you think it would be ok for me to move on to the next PE, and then ofc. still keep stretching to give it some time to improve?