This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any sucess stories with kyphosis issues from F1 training?

Started by Mike Lounsbury, July 6, 2016 · 6 Replies · 194 Views

Mike Lounsbury

Hi guys, I have been using the search feature on the forum to read up on dealing with kyphosis for some of these exercises but haven't really seen anywhere where someone has shared there improvements with kyphosis. Just wondering if any body who has been here for a few years has seen huge improvements with this? Also what are the best exercises/mobility in F1 that can help to improve this?

Thanks,

 

Cameron Williams

I'm not a doctor or a coach, but I would imagine that the thoracic stretch series would be most helpful with this.

It specifically works on gaining flexibility in the spine, and the ability to bend in the opposite direction of the hunch of kyphosis.

That's my 2 cents :)

Alessandro Mainente

If the  kyphosis  of your case is a result of a bad posture then you can correct it with foundations IM's.

Basically the 100% of all my clients have at least one limitation and no one of them was able to show a correct posture or a good balance between anterior and posterior chain. now after months, imbalances are fixed.

Jon Douglas

Similar. I don't have a diagnosis or before pics or anything, but the improvements in my posture are significant.

J-curls and bridge work plus a lot of hollow body and HS work are where I've seen the most immediate benefits 

Mike Lounsbury

Really hollow body, that seems weird to me because we are trying to have the head/shoulders off the ground. When I try to get into supine position my head does not touch the ground at all, so the hollow body feels more comfortable for me. Interesting stuff

Andrew Ige

I have only recently started with Foundation 1 and Handstand 1, but immediately after my first session I noticed an improvement in my posture and flexibility in my spine so I now look forward to doing the gymnastics training just for that.  I think that specifically after the Handstand PE1 static seated shoulder flexion with weighted bar my upper spine feels great,  but really all of the exercises are probably contributing greatly and strengthening the core is really helping me correct my posture from the bottom up.

Jon Douglas
On 07/07/2016 at 0:50 PM, Mike Lounsbury said:

Really hollow body, that seems weird to me because we are trying to have the head/shoulders off the ground. When I try to get into supine position my head does not touch the ground at all, so the hollow body feels more comfortable for me. Interesting stuff

I think for me it's a training away from anterior pelvic tilt, which I am inclined to, and the body learning how pleasant it is to be in a supported line with ribs down :)

Of course YMMV