Straddle L treatment

Started by Spanyard, December 2, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,594 Views

Spanyard

Hi, I just wanna know if I could treat the straddle L as other fundamental static positions, and train it with the same structure as FSP -> dynamic exercise. If thats the case, what exercises are good to do after straddle L work? i taught youngs or hip extensions but youngs are too hard and hip extensions are too much i think. Thanks

Nick Van Bockxmeer

a straddle press handstand exercise

or a straddle leg lift exercise

and ultimately youngs into full planche.

Spanyard

Could be right RLL in straddle? I dont have strenght and flexilbility enough to do Straddle Press HS, not even to do straddle work on floor. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: I also thought an exercise that is quite similar to HLL, but legs in straddle, lift them up and pass just under the bar, inverted hang position with arms between legs. Is this correct?

Blairbob

I have seen straddled HLL as an exercise to develop the active straddle. RLL in straddle is another good one.

Hip extensions, if I'm thinking of what I"m thinking, shouldn't be too difficult.