This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 iM - 10 reps total or per side?

Started by Cameron Williams, July 6, 2016 · 9 Replies · 136 Views

Cameron Williams

For SL/PE3 iM - 10 reps total or per side?

Wayne Grima

This one is 10 each side for mastery. SLS/PE2 is ten total, 5 each side. It tells you in (BRACKETS)

now in the description.

Cameron Williams

Thanks Wayne!

So is it assumed that unless it says (total), it means (each side)?

Wayne Grima
4 hours ago, Cameron Williams said:

Thanks Wayne!

So is it assumed that unless it says (total), it means (each side)?

Hi Cameron. It actually tells you whether the rep count of the element is each side or total. It sounds

like you haven't noticed it, (I think it's relatively new.) That's if I'm understanding your question.

When you click on the exercise description it now tells us whether the rep count is either per side

or total for elements that use limbs alternately. If you go to the element description where the video

is and the 3 three photos that is where it informs us whether it is each side or total. You can get there

by going to your workout scheduler calendar and clicking on the element on your calendar that you have

on that particular day.

Cameron Williams

Hmm I don't see it for SL/PE3 iM... It just says, perform 10r. Same goes for SLS/PE2 iM and RC/PE2 iM... It doesn't mention whether it's total or per side.

Am I missing something?

Wayne Grima
7 hours ago, Cameron Williams said:

Hmm I don't see it for SL/PE3 iM... It just says, perform 10r. Same goes for SLS/PE2 iM and RC/PE2 iM... It doesn't mention whether it's total or per side.

Am I missing something?

That is strange, I know it never use to be there and I was thinking it may have been added recently which is great

as this question about rep count per side or total use to come up regularly, I my self have asked about a particular

element on the forums in the past. Here are some screen shots. I've circled as the photos are little unclear.

Screenshot%2080.png

Screenshot%2081.png

 

Cameron Williams

Thanks Wayne for your reply!

 I noticed as well that they updated the descriptions for some of the PE's. My question was about the iM's though... It's not so clear on a number of the iM's. 

Wayne Grima

Whoops, sorry mate. I jumped the gun a bit. It unclear to me, but it's a light load unlike

the SLS/iM2 so if you did 10 each side for a total of 20 you should be fine, I'm doing

this element too atm so I look forward to a answer, I've only been doing 10 reps total

for the iM TBO. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

Julia Quigley

I think I read this somewhere on the site, but now can't find it...anyway, if it doesn't specify total or per side and the number can be divided by 2, then I assume it is total reps. So in this case, I'd assume 10 total reps, 5 per side.

When it doesn't specify and the number is odd (I.e. 5 reps), I assume it is per side. 

Cameron Williams

Thanks Julia, that's very helpful.

I wonder why they don't just say it clearly in each description?