This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2 & iM

Started by Julia Quigley, July 5, 2016 · 7 Replies · 120 Views

Julia Quigley

As last video of the day :) First attempts at SLS PE2 and iM.

On the mobility, I'd like to those last couple inches to the ground a little smoother/softer (the last one was unusually rough! haha!). The more I thought about it/tinkered with it in other sets, the worse it got. Anyone have suggestions/tips?

As always, I appreciate any and all observations :) 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

During the PE feel free to rotate externally the legs and point the toes to the ceiling.

During the twisting squats I have some tips for you:

-try to overlap more your legs so that in the bottom part one ankle is exactly under the opposite knee

-during the descent part of the twisting squat you need to focus on holding the weight in the outer part of the feet . on the contrary you are moving all the feet on the floor. the idea of stay on the outer part is to involve more the outer knee stabilizers and avoid the tendency to have the knees inward (typical of women).

I've followed for 2 years an artistic ice skating group and after 10 months of strict application all their tendency of stick the landings with knees inside completely disappeared.

Julia Quigley

Great information! I look forward to applying it during my next training session.

I'd love to overcome the internal knees during landings.

Julia Quigley

Here's an updated video of my PE (the iM is coming along! I'll post soon). 

I knew my right adductors were more mobile and my right ankle less mobile than their counterparts...but holy guacamole is this a difference in ROM.

Open to feedback as I hone in on mastery for the PE.

 

Julia Quigley

@Alessandro Mainente, anything I should focus on with the PE in this week's workouts?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Julia probably your ankle could be managed a bit , do you have the front split course?

Julia Quigley

Yes @Alessandro Mainente. I do it every week and I do the kneeling Achilles stretch couple times throughout the week at lower intensity. I'm seeing improvement...it used to be worse!

Alessandro Mainente

You can obtain some improvements by inserting the achilles stretches every day doing one more set everytime for you tight ankle.