This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ripped skin on foot doing twisting squats - temporary alternative?

Started by Cameron Williams, July 5, 2016 · 9 Replies · 73 Views

Cameron Williams

I ripped a good-sized chunk of skin off the side of my foot doing twisting squats, and it's now raw and quite tender.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative iM while the skin heals?

Thanks!

Cam

Edit - I just realized that I accidentally posted this in the Handstand 1 forum. How do I move this to the Foundation 1 forum?

Julian Aldag

Have you tried wearing shoes?

Cameron Williams

That's a great idea, thanks Julian. I'll give it a try once the skin heals. It's too sensitive at the moment, even with shoes on, to do the exercise.

Julian Aldag

Cool. For now I would just replace the twisting squats with Skiers until your foot heals. 

Cameron Williams

Good call :)

Cole Dano

Wear some socks. ;)

Just do the twisting squats without the twist, just the up and down part and then step to change feet.

Cameron Williams

Ok cool, will try that - thanks Cole :)

I actually was wearing socks when my skin ripped :/

Cole Dano

No kidding? I guess there's a first for everything. Were they thin socks, are you doing these on sandpaper?

Cameron Williams

haha I am! I thought the 50 grit would be fine, but perhaps I should consider the 200 :lol:

Just using regular socks, nothing crazy...

Julia Quigley

That's tough, man!

I'd hate to do these with shoes on because of added friction, so if you want some other prevention suggestions for once you're healed, you could tape the area that gets irritated (I actually recommend sticking the tape to itself so there's nothing sticky on the tender part, wrapping the stuck-to-itself tape around your foot/place it over the troublesome spot, and then use tape to adhere the cover. Does that make sense?). You could also powder your feet before putting on fresh socks, since dry skin is less prone to rip.