Just wanted to check if I'm on the right way with my manna. Will be happy to get some opininos as to how it looks, and points to improve.
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ita Sha, July 5, 2016 · 10 Replies · 408 Views
Just wanted to check if I'm on the right way with my manna. Will be happy to get some opininos as to how it looks, and points to improve.
Thanks!
Your biggest mistake here is trying to reach the face with piked or semi-piked legs. I remember when in 2012 in helseinki C. Sommer told at the seminar that nobody should close the legs into pike position until the hips reach the neck level. this is by far the most premature movement by people who are learning the manna. once you can lift yourself in a middle split hold then you should push your hips forward while holding the middle split position and wait wait wait and wait.
the pike position itself reduce the amount of help that the weight of the legs could give to you when you try to pull them back on your face. pancake has more range of movement of the pike so we need to use it.
basically: do not close the legs into the pike before reaching a "middle-split" manna.
Hello Ita,
I can’t comment on the technical points, but it looks beautiful even if it’s not technically perfect yet. Anyone with 2 eyes can see the amount of training and dedication that goes into developing this skill. Thank you for inspiring those of us who are in earlier Foundation waters!
On 5.7.2016 at 10:11 PM, Eva Pelegrin said:Hello Ita,
I can’t comment on the technical points, but it looks beautiful even if it’s not technically perfect yet. Anyone with 2 eyes can see the amount of training and dedication that goes into developing this skill. Thank you for inspiring those of us who are in earlier Foundation waters!
Thank you so much for the kind words Eva, much appriciated!
On 5.7.2016 at 8:39 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Your biggest mistake here is trying to reach the face with piked or semi-piked legs. I remember when in 2012 in helseinki C. Sommer told at the seminar that nobody should close the legs into pike position until the hips reach the neck level. this is by far the most premature movement by people who are learning the manna. once you can lift yourself in a middle split hold then you should push your hips forward while holding the middle split position and wait wait wait and wait.
the pike position itself reduce the amount of help that the weight of the legs could give to you when you try to pull them back on your face. pancake has more range of movement of the pike so we need to use it.
basically: do not close the legs into the pike before reaching a "middle-split" manna.
Thank you for the response Alessandro!
Here is another video.
I'm trying now to close the legs together only when the hips are reaching neck level as you wrote.
I'm just not sure if you meant that I need to lift into the Manna from a MSH and close the legs into a pike when reaching hips at neck height, or that I just need to close my legs into a pike when reaching neck level with the hips.
Thanks again!
Manna should be started from MSH and middle split should be held until the butt reaches the shoulders level. You are doing the same mistake of the other video. no difference .
On 7/7/2016 at 10:30 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:Manna should be started from MSH and middle split should be held until the butt reaches the shoulders level. You are doing the same mistake of the other video. no difference .
Seems that he's saying that you're not ready to do Manna with piked legs yet. Until youre able to get hips and butt much higher (shoulder, neck level) only then should bring the legs together into a pike. Before that point, meaning before you can bring your butt/hips up to shoulder or neck level you should continue to do the manna in a straddle position. (Similar to how we work straddle-ups: PE2, before v-ups: PE3)
I'm by no means anywhere near this level or progression but thought I could clarify the confusion.
On 7/7/2016 at 5:30 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Manna should be started from MSH and middle split should be held until the butt reaches the shoulders level. You are doing the same mistake of the other video. no difference .
Here is my best manna press for now.
A few points to improve that I can see:
1. Hold the MSH longer
2. Lift up a bit more before closing the legs into a pike.
3. push forward more with the shoulders and retract more.
I would be happy to read some opinions ![]()
Thanks !
Same errors than before. remember again that a pike compression it i limited from the amount of mass in the anterior part of the body while the middle split "pancake" allows to the body to move inside the legs. the first situation when there manna is "work in progress" moves the cog away from your hands because the compression is limited, on the other side the middle split version allows to use the feet as a counter balance and moves the cog closer to the hands. I remember clearly that coach Sommer told many times that everyone who is working on the transition MSH to manna should not close the legs until the butt it is at shoulders height or almost. continue to push the hips forward while holding the pike does not give same improvements as the other.
42 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Same errors than before. remember again that a pike compression it i limited from the amount of mass in the anterior part of the body while the middle split "pancake" allows to the body to move inside the legs. the first situation when there manna is "work in progress" moves the cog away from your hands because the compression is limited, on the other side the middle split version allows to use the feet as a counter balance and moves the cog closer to the hands. I remember clearly that coach Sommer told many times that everyone who is working on the transition MSH to manna should not close the legs until the butt it is at shoulders height or almost. continue to push the hips forward while holding the pike does not give same improvements as the other.
So basically, I need to press higher until the butt is at shoulders level and only then close the legs?
Yes , I told you from the first comment. that's nothing new.
You will achieve manna, for sure. but do not waste time forcing yourself on harder ways.