This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/pe3

Started by Matt Robinson, July 5, 2016 · 9 Replies · 161 Views

Matt Robinson

First attempt today. Am I getting enough lean? Can't go further due to wrist mobility. I was trying to focus on pressing forward so that they didn't revert to push ups.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

A good point in favor of you is that you are not reducing the lean of the different reps, BUT you need to improve the quality of the alignment: more protraction of the middle/upper back and more posterior pelvic tilt (you can easily see that you lack of them at 23 seconds).

Matt Robinson

Cheers Alessandro. Should I keep doing them and just try to improve things or is there another way to work on those points? I know there is some of this in Spl, but I'm stuck on scap shrugs due to my crap swivel hip mobility

Matt Robinson

Second attempt. I can see I'm piking. Any tips for improving body line whilst maintaining PPT

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The problem it is that PPT it is bodyline. think about reaching the floor first with hips and then with sternum and then with chest/shoulders.

Matt Robinson

Attempt number 3. I was really focussing on bodyline on these. Felt better. What's the verdict?

 

 

Petri Widsten

You still have a pronounced arch in your back, at least in part because you're pushing your shoulders up while the hips are lagging behind. This becomes more apparent as your set progresses. I think a small amount of arching on PPPUs is "within specs" as I've understood from mods but you still have too much. More protraction especially at the top would be good too.

 

Matt Robinson
15 minutes ago, Petri Widsten said:

You still have a pronounced arch in your back, at least in part because you're pushing your shoulders up while the hips are lagging behind. This becomes more apparent as your set progresses. I think a small amount of arching on PPPUs is "within specs" as I've understood from mods but you still have too much. More protraction especially at the top would be good too.

 

I shall persevere cheers

Piotr Ochocki

And if you want to reduce load on the wrists due to lack of mobility in this case, then just elevate back of the hand a bit, I often use my flip flops to support palm of my hand, fingers stay on the floor.

Leo Trinidad

i would suggest you do Cat Cow mobility to strengthen your protraction and posterior pelvic tilt