This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Pain.

Started by Wayne Grima, July 5, 2016 · 4 Replies · 170 Views

Wayne Grima

Hi, I suspect I have this in my left wrist after searching a little online. I felt it on Sunday. I think it was after Saturday's

H1 session. I am going to the doctor's to get it diagnosed but was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. The pain

is pretty bad if I try and stretch my arm down towards the ground or if I do circles with my arms. From what I have read the

wrist should be in some sort of brace 24/7 and rest for 4-6 weeks, oh no that's awful. I may be able to keep practicing elements

such as FL, MN SLS and perhaps RC but all the others involve bent wrist which is probably not a good thing in this situation.

I guess the reason for this post is to see if anyone has had this de Quervain's tenosynovitis disease or something similar and if you

had an extended break through injury did you drastically loose where you at. I'm fearful of this lol. I'm going to copy n  paste this

in the handstands forum as I suspect this is how I injured my wrist. Thanks and look forward to hearing of your experience or advise.

Regards Wayne.

Petra Dvorak

You symptoms are a bit confusing: Tenosynovitis would hurt if doing movements with you hand or fingers, but not if you do cicles with your arm.

 

Wayne Grima

Thanks for the reply. I do get a bit of pain if I do movements with my hand by rotating the wrist. I can really bring the pain on

if rotate from the hand to my shoulder with a straight arm and I also hear a clicking noise in the shoulder I've noticed but the

main focus of the pain is on the side of the wrist near the thumb.

I can also bring on the pain in the same area if I do rotate from the shoulders by doing circles with my arm. I may not have

quervain's tenosynovitis, but in my own quick research that best describes my symptoms.

I did whe 4 wrist stretches in H1 very lightly as to not feel pain but I think I'll go seek profesional advice as to best treat

what ever this is and try and found out exactly what injury I have.

Wayne Grima

My wrist feels good after doing the 4 stretches and feel better again after the 4 wrist pushups. I do feel pain after completing

my holds for H/S PE2 so I cut them short. This evening I only did 2 x 36 sec holds instead of 5 sets. I currently do 2 Headstand

sessions a week as well as F1 twice a week but I'm going to do the stretches everyday and the wrist pushup 3 or 4 time a week

and see how that feels.

I can rotate my wrist with very little pain and move them up and down(like you would operate a motorbike throttle) and side to side

as well. I find it's when I lock the arm at the elbow so I have a straight arm and then stretching the arm down by depressing the

scapular that the pain comes on strong.It feels like a friction burning sensation just above the wrist on the thumb side, where a

watchband would be. It also happens when I stretch back, like on HS/iM2.

Wayne Grima

Hi, just a happy update, my wrist pain is 90% gone and I'm putting it down to using the 4

wrist stretched found in H1.Really happy and grateful my wrist is back to normal. One thing

that has changed now is I have a slight pain on my 2nd knuckle from my thumb when I make

a fist, this is on the same hand that I had the wrist pain with, but all is good.