Front Pull/ Front Lever Pull

Started by Joshua Naterman, December 2, 2009 · 19 Replies · 4,700 Views

Joshua Naterman

I made a video for these two to explain the difference. What do you think?

xZmqGeChwjs

Razz

Good vid 8)

jl5555

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up!

Blairbob

Damn, man. Nice. I knew you'd be fairly big but wow.

Based on your FL pull, you can hold FL, right? It seemed there was a pause.

Joshua Naterman

It's coming back. I had a good 10 second hold on a bar and around 4 seconds on the long rings before I got hurt a few months ago, since then and since getting sick it's been neglected but I can probably do a few seconds now. I don't think it'd be quite perfect, but I don't know. It will be for at least a short hold by New Year's.

I am hoping to show the world just how strong a big man, or a man of any size, can get. Not just with the weights, but with real strength. Manipulating body positions in space, unstable lifts, gymnastics moves on rings and pommel, etc. Everyone seems to think, myself too until recently, that a person must be a certain height or weight to do these things. I want to show the world that this idea is false and detrimental to the mindset behind athletic conditioning in general. As soon as I get the money, I'm going to collect and make the necessary equipment for this. In the meantime, I'm getting more and more creative about my approach to all of this, keeping things as simple as possible and only using the most effective means of developing strength in the different areas. It's working quite well so far!

Joshua Naterman

And thank you all for the comments! As I make new ones I will be sure to post them for review. I don't want anything up that isn't first rate.

Mark Weaver

Awesome video. Your a beast, man! What's your height and weight, if you don't mind me asking?

I love the front lever pulls, they feel so good. Just barely got to where I can do a few reps with a straight body.

Joshua Naterman

6'2, 228. Yes, I finally weighted myself at the gym :P

Liosis

At that size... I no longer have any excuses. Great Video.

Razz

Funny thing is if you look at slizzardmans latest posing video you can see he has alot of fat aswell that makes it even harder for him, pretty sure this should stop tall people from making excuses and just start working!

Nick Van Bockxmeer

yes but he also has a lot of muscle. I have no fat and no muscle so it is still hard :lol:

same height only like 164 pounds. I was much lighter before I did any training, maybe 10 pounds or so.

Razz

Yeah im not saying all skinny tall people can suddenly do it, rather that they WILL be able to sooner or later if they want and are dedicated :D

Razz

Oh and one more thing, Slizz has huge legs which is another disadvatage..

Joshua Naterman

So they say hahaha! To me it just means I will be THAT MUCH STRONGER when I can do full planche and whatnot! :) So all you tall guys and big guys, don't look at the obstacles, they are just distractions on the road to success. We can do it!

And to you shorter littler guys: Save us a seat, will you? It'll be a bit longer before we get there. :lol:

Richard Duelley

Slizzardman you are quite a large man! :wink: I cant wait until I am 185. . . I will be so beast (and my friends at the gym think so too! :mrgreen: )

Joshua Naterman

You will be! I am personally going to train until I can do all of the strength elements, and then put together a routine. My final goal is to be able to do at least the strength part of Gregor's routine on regulation rings. Swings, I dunno. I'll tackle that as time passes.

Emil Brannmark
slizzardman said:
So they say hahaha! To me it just means I will be THAT MUCH STRONGER when I can do full planche and whatnot! :) So all you tall guys and big guys, don't look at the obstacles, they are just distractions on the road to success. We can do it!

And to you shorter littler guys: Save us a seat, will you? It'll be a bit longer before we get there. :lol:

This is pretty much how I feel.

Richard Duelley
Emil Brannmark said:
slizzardman said:
So they say hahaha! To me it just means I will be THAT MUCH STRONGER when I can do full planche and whatnot! :) So all you tall guys and big guys, don't look at the obstacles, they are just distractions on the road to success. We can do it!

And to you shorter littler guys: Save us a seat, will you? It'll be a bit longer before we get there. :lol:

This is pretty much how I feel.

Agreed. . . my straddle planche is painfully close. . .its time to up the tuck planche pushups and adv tuck work! I think I am getting a little to varied in my static work again, I think I am going to limit myself to back levers and planche work (and my handstands of course :mrgreen: ).

sasquatch

It's crazy how easy you can do those with your height and weight.

Awesome job!

Joshua Naterman

Thanks Sasquatch! I just tried them on my jungle gyms(rings basically) and they are definitely harder. I can do them, but not with added weight I don't think. Soon, but not yet. More than anything I noticed my triceps working a lot harder!