This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1

Started by Andres Jaspe Jaspe, July 4, 2016 · 11 Replies · 234 Views

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

Hello, new here, not sure how this work, so my question.

During the manna mobility exercise, the very first one, while lowering and rotating the left arm, my shoulder makes sounds (like if the gears were not fitting well in place) and there is discomfort in doing the movement, I am using a 5lb. does the separation between the legs affect? or is there a warm up or pre req for this movement? is it better with a heavier weight?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a video, I would like to see your shoulders movement. if you can by the side and front.

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

Yes I will, but I found that my shoulder wasnt engaged, my strength was fully focused on the grip and I realized that with my right shoulder (cuz it has been healing from an ac injury) I was pushing the weight up and away from the shoulder, so that modification kinda provided immediate relief, is that more like it has to actually be performed? if not I will record the videos

Alessandro Mainente

The weight should be stacked over the shoulders and not pushed away.

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

Ok, so hahaha sorry I  don't know how to attach the video I recorded.  

Do I  need to recorded from the forum page? Cuz I recorded first 

Cameron Williams

Hi Andres,

The easiest way is to upload your video to Youtube and mark as "unlisted" so it's not available to the public.

Once uploaded, just copy and paste the video link into the body of your forum message.

Cam

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

thanks for the instruction towards the video. This is the link, please correct everything you see wrong if I need to take another video I will do that.

 

Points in which I have questions are.

am I pushing the weight up or letting it basically just rest on my hand? so the delts are actively pushing or not engaged?

wrist, elbow and shoulder rotate together? or only the shoulder rotates in the socket?

When I lower should I picture going in between my legs or just hinge from the hips towards touching the floor?

I am sorry for the amount of questions, I want to have it clear and do it as good as possible.

Thanks for all the support.

Andres.

 

Alessandro Mainente

The weight remains stacked over the shoulder, you don not have to put it away. your form needs some refinements:

-your right foot (the same foot of the elevated hand) needs to be externally rotated of something like 45-60°.

-legs must be straight all the time.

-all the reps must be performed with same tempo and range of motion

-the lower hand must be moves in order to reach the floor behind the legs.

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

got it, I will modify all this and post another video to check I have corrected everything before I start doing more wrong reps.

Thanks a lot

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

ok this is my video with the correction. Let me know if I still need to modify form and/or tempo.

Thanks.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Legs must remain straight all the time.

make the descent part more slow and simply: you have a lot of work to do on this exercise.

Andres Jaspe Jaspe

Got it.

Thanks