This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS-PE3 Form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, July 4, 2016 · 2 Replies · 79 Views

Eva Pelegrin

May I get your guidance on points to improve my form?
I imagine we want PPT, hips open and ribs down/in. More protraction? What should I focus on. Am I arching too much at the reverse plank position? Are my benches low enough? I noticed that the athlete in the video has his heels resting on the slider while I have my toes on a felt cloth with my floor. Is that a no-no.

PS: I put PpHS/PE2 on hold and have been taking a break from elements that involve deep Hamstrings stretches for the last 6 weeks because I have a bit of a strain (or tendinosis) at my L ischial tuberosity. For a while I could hardly bent down without significant pain. Now pain is less but still can't do 1/2 a lunge. I had this 2 years ago and it came back somehow. The pain gradually snuck up one day and I couldn’t associate with a particular cause. My guess is that I’ve not been doing enough posterior chain strength work like I used to do to balance out all the stretching. I could be wrong.

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Decrease the speed of the exercise so that you can focus more on compression.

Eva Pelegrin

Understood. I'll focus on compression, thank you!