This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quinoa - For Dinner Starch?

Started by William Trask, July 3, 2016 · 1 Replies · 144 Views

William Trask

Jeff,

I'm curious where Quinoa falls.

Occasionally I'll eat it with dinner. Since you didn't specifically mention it in the Dinner Starch list (Potato, Sweet Potato, Squash, Yams, White Rice). I'm guessing you are not a strong proponent of Quinoa.

Just curious your blunt opinion, I'm not attached to it and am trying to follow Thrive.

Lastly coach, this behavioral nutritional program (THRIVE) is awesome! It has hands down been the most influential way to improve me eating patterns! Thank you for all of you time on the forum and putting this program together!

 

Jeff Serven

Egh...I'd put it somewhere between thumbs down and neutral. It isn't the heath food some claim it to be and it isn't the "grain" others claim it to be. I would lump it in with brown rice. For your first 12 weeks stay away from it. After you complete the course and it comes up every now and then I wouldn't stress it.