This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel Hips & Tuck Ups

Started by Brian Michalski, July 3, 2016 · 1 Replies · 115 Views

Brian Michalski

I've been stalled for quite a while so after knee surgery I decided to start over from square 1. Previously I progressed too fast - too arrogant I guess. This time I want to make sure I can REALLY do each movement before I move forward. Swivel hips has been a problem. I'd love some feedback to let me know if I'm at least getting close. Also, tuck ups were always difficult - I've never been able to get full "compression." I also have difficulty balancing on my butt at the top of the movement, and find that if I sit and straighten as much as I think I should my feet touch the floor, especially if my toes are pointed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

swivel hips it is not so bad, i you feel that butt does not stay on the ground you can evaluate to do it on elevated surface.

Another option is reach your deepest rom with one leg and stop when butt begins to lift from the floor, add some more cm so that it can lift a bit. from here put one hand oustide the knee so that you can hold it in position, then let the hip to move gently to the floor using the force of gravity.

Tuck ups tempo is fine. try to improve the sincro of upper and lower body during the descent part. shoulders and feet must reach the floor together.