This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE3>iM form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, July 3, 2016 · 2 Replies · 95 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

Today I tried Straddle Jefferson Curls with 20 kg (about 35-40% of my bodyweight). I have some doubts about my form. Here's a video:

1. I wonder if my butt goes too much backward as I lower down... should I fix it?

2. Do you recommend to add this exercise as supplementary work? Is there a target to achieve just like standard Jefferson Curl (e.g. bodyweight)? 

Thanks in advance!!

 

Alessandro Mainente

If not prescribed from the foundations I usually push myself only on the legs together version, it is not very good to bend over while trying to curl and flex the spine. it is the the best way to pinch the sciatic nerve.

Christopher Denzer

Alessandro,

I'm not sure I understood your suggestion here. You're suggesting that we should keep the weight light for this element? At 150lbs is using a 35lb weight advisable?

 

Also, what is this element meant to be mobilizing? I feel it mostly in my hamstring and the interior along my legs, not in my back.