This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 form check

Started by James Koppel, July 3, 2016 · 3 Replies · 72 Views

James Koppel

I've really been focusing on keeping my legs straight. I don't think it's working.

 

 

 

Petri Widsten

I would suggest touching the floor in front of you instead of reaching forward with arms horizontal, slowing the reps down (more control, less momentum) and flexing the quads hard to keep the knees locked. If you don't yet have enough flexibility to touch the floor, pancake stretches are your best friend.

Cole Dano

Yes much less momentum, you've got great mobility, this will help to build it's active ROM!

As for the coordination, notice that every rep has a different timing in your set, sometimes feet go here other times there etc...

So, to work on getting controlled tempo, and coordination, treat this as a set of single reps. In other words, come all the way down to the floor, hands touch, feet touch, pause, then execute the next rep the same way.

When this gets good then you can begin to string the reps together.

James Koppel

Alright, so, how's it coming? I'm personally still not happy with the level of straightness.