This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1<im Severe imbalance

Started by Wayne Smith, July 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 93 Views

Wayne Smith

Hi

 

I have a large difference in performance between my right and left sides on these, and was wondering what to do.  With the weight in my right hand, I can get my left hand to the floor.  With the weight in my left hand, I feel very tight up the left side of my torso, and my fingertips still feel like they are more than 30cm (12in) from the floor. Do I:

  1. Simply keep doing them as is, expecting it to balance out, rather than accelerating the imbalance?
  2. Change the weight for one side
  3. Change the reps for one side
  4. Do some other stretching for my torso?  I'm wanting to start stretch, but not for another few weeks.
  5. Something else 

Cheers

Alessandro Mainente

Do one set of integrated mobility at the end of all your working sets with doubled reps/sec.

this means that if you are doing 4x12 reps, you will do 4 sets of PE and 4 sets each side of IM plus another set for the weak side with doubled reps / sec in respect to the normal mobility requirements. and yes rest with this exercise until your weak side is like the most flexible. I also suggest to play with this exercise more frequently outside the working session. strong imbalances needs more stimulation to be fixed.

Wayne Smith

Thank you so much Alessandro.  I will do this.

Cheers