Knee Clicking

Started by Wesley Manson, July 2, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,946 Views

Wesley Manson

Hello everyone. I have been having an issue with my knees clicking and popping every time I squat down. It clicks every rep of pistol squats, natural leg extensions, and other leg exercises. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice for this issue. There is no pain at all when my knees click, but the sound concerns me. I have looked up this problem before, and most say if there is no pain, then don't worry about it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to stop the clicking?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks everyone in advance.

Alessandro Mainente

Everytime I warm up my spine, it pop,my knees same, also wrist and elbows.

Usually they are a soft tissue modification, typically fascial adhesion that tend to be stretched out.

Mark Collins

Some people do have clicky joints and it is nothing to worry about unless you have limited function, range of motion or pain.

Wesley Manson

My range of motion is fine, and I have no pain. So basically, it is okay to just work through the noise and crank out my reps?

Mark Collins

Yes.