On MN/PE1 the mobility is stiff leg windmill, where you hold a dumbbell straight up and bend over while keeping your arm straight up. So my question is, there is the checkbox about completing all mobility. But I can't do a single one correctly. I can barely bend at all while keeping my arm up like that. So do I UNcheck the box? I'm doing all the mobility reps, I'm just not doing them very well. I feel like if I have to do all the reps correctly, I'll be stuck here forever, but maybe that's the point?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
MN/PE1: Mobility (stiff leg windmill)
Started by Scott Runkel, July 2, 2016 · 6 Replies · 374 Views
This is a bit of a gray area, the important thing, in the program, is that you don't go on to the next element before mastering both the PE and iM. You can work up to the final step of the PE while concurrently working on the iM if you like, or choose to master the iM before ramping up the PE.
What is not clear for me, when is the mobility fully mastered? Well, maybe I do know the answer but not liking it.
I'm far away from able to reach through my legs towards the ground. So keep doing MN/PE1 with IM till mastered correct?
yes you are correct, you should at least reach behind the legs to the floor.
Any other stretches to focus on which may speed up progress of mobility in this windmill? I have the same mobility as Scott by the sound of it.
I get stopped by real tight hamstrings, adductors, TFL?/hips, and a really sketchy shoulder on the right side.
Hi Jason,
Stiff legged windmills are such a great exercise and target legs just as much as they target shoulders. My recommendation is to do some hamstring and quad stretches before you do the windmills to get the hamstrings opened up.
If you have the front splits stretch course you can use a few stretches from there. Mobility is a work in progress everyday so take your time,your body will open up when its ready. Enjoy the journey. ![]()
Thanks Tanya,
Yes, I have all 3 Stretch series, but need to improve my consistency to hit those sessions every week. I'l try to loosen up the hams and quads before windmills in future. thanks for the tip.