Deck squat SLS/PE1: What counts as a successful rep? I can't actually do a single one correctly, because I always have to use my arms quite a bit to get back up. So do I put "0" or "can't do any reps" or maybe put the number I did, even though I did them wrong? I feel like I'll be stuck on this level forever. :-)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Deck Squat: SLS/PE1: What counts?
Started by Scott Runkel, July 2, 2016 · 4 Replies · 171 Views
What to you mean by use your arms? Are you using your hands on the floor to get up, or swinging them for momentum?
Pushing off the floor to get up. Not for momentum.
Ok, then if you can, it would be better to do it on some mats, anything that will get you up high enough that you can get up without assistance.
From there you can follow the scheduled programming at that height, when you've mastered with height, then go lower / to the floor and repeat.
You can make a note that you are doing an elevated deck squat, and reset when you master at height.
I don't have the mobility in my Achilles to do these either.
What I have done is what Cole suggested. I put 2 padded mats under my butt and my feet on the ground. This way I can keep my reps strict and slowly increase my ROM in my legs with the Stretch Series.
I am sure I can master all the reps with the two pads, but I am taking it slow and going to follow along with the website interface programming. Once I master SLS/PE1 with two mats, I will take 1 mat away and start over. I will test mastery to figure out where I should start and go until I master all the reps with 1 mat. From there I hope I have the mobility in my Achilles to be able to do them from the ground.