This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL-PE1 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, July 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 72 Views

Josh Shaw

I am struggling with this one.  This is my last PE1 left to master, been at it for a few months now.  I thought it would be the swivel hips that would hold me back, but it's the scapular shrugs.  I feel like I'm protracting, but when I watch the video it looks like a lot of my range of motion is coming from spinal flexion and my hips coming up.  Also it feels like I'm straight through the hips, but they are higher than I expect to see.  Any tips or feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

 

 

Cole Dano

Hey Josh, the good news is you are also protracting, and that's the main goal of this drill at this point.

The coming elements will fix the rest of the body line and it's recommended to use the shrugs as warm up, so  you will see them improve over time.

With the swivel hips, don't forget about the outside knee also going down.

Josh Shaw

Thanks for the feedback.  Here's an update, this is my last step of step 8.  They feel a ton better.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

That's good, nice protraction. on the IM try to hold the corresponding glute on the floor.