My Ring Strength Routine

Started by Angelchao, December 1, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,908 Views

Angelchao

Here's a ring routine from last night that features most of my ring skills. I've had the rings and been training using BtGB for almost three months now and I've trained using body weight exercises and weights for about a year before switching over.

NFpj22dozmw

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

you need to keep your toes pointed. Not just for aesthetics but because it will help to keep tension in the legs.

forward roll was sick, keep working on levers looks like you are getting close.

David Picó García

Pointing toes makes a huge difference aesthetically. Great routine, but those toes... :P

Very long routine on shoulder stand try to close those straddle legs, at your level you can do it with with legs closed, if you fall forward just roll, it's a bit scary at first but when you do it once you'll find there is no risk (you don't want to drop the rings you have to mantain the grip and you finish at a bend arms hang. if you are to close to the floor you'll hit the floor but with feet.

Blairbob

Toes pointed makes for a longer lever. It also cramps your quad/hip flexor more.

impressive, i have found when I do 1/2 lay BL sometimes, my legs will seperate and arch at times as well.

Razz

Arms locked and turned out every time you hit support.

Good strength! :D

Angelchao

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to start pointing my toes and I'll be more conscientious about locking out and turning out more at support.