So I recommitted to F1/HS about two months ago after leaving it for a year. One of the things I craved was the rush/exhaustion of powerlifting. I didn't feel like I was "getting enough" of a workout. Fast forward to now, and I don't have that feeling anymore. When all is done right, this is a heck of a workout! My observations:
1. I committed to form/tempo 100% per the videos. For example, I can do 5 sets of 15 push-ups. But can I do 5 sets of 15 HBP2 with the smoothness, tempo and form of the video? Not quit. So I'm working slowly through the progressions to get there.
2. Find exactly where you are and work from there. For whatever reason, I'm pretty good with plank and hollow body stuff. So I progressed quickly and am at sPL4 (yes, did the mobility as well). That is definitely a challenge and I'm really working there.
3. Don't make #2 an excuse to forget #1. I'll be hanging out at MN1 and SLS1 for awhile until I really nail down the form. I've had to adjust and back up on those.
Now that I'm (I hope!) doing the right progression for me the right way I really feel good. I also seem to be progressing well overall.