This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2 min rice question

Started by Cameron Williams, June 30, 2016 · 6 Replies · 144 Views

Cameron Williams

This may necessitate a "shoot yourself in the face" response, but I'll ask anyways :)

Are the 2 min rice packages (Uncle Bens jasmine rice) that you cook in a bag in the microwave terrible?

I'm assuming it's better to cook rice properly but in a pinch, are these ok?

Jeff Serven

Better than nothing but worse than traditional cooked rice. 

Cameron Williams

Got it - thanks!

Christopher Denzer

I've tried eating sushi rice (that I've made the evening before) cold the next day. It's invariably too dry. I kept it in a sealed glass container overnight. Anybody got a trick to keeping it moist?

Ryan Bailey

Vinegar

Christopher Denzer

Thanks, fellas. I'll try again, even though the rice I made had sushi seasoning already.