This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain while rotating the torso

Started by Klaus Weiler, June 30, 2016 · 4 Replies · 56 Views

Klaus Weiler

Dear GB Team,

I´m experiencing pain in my erector spinae, while turning to the left side. There is no pain in a neutral position. 

How can I approach to get rid of the pain in the back? Should I just stretch little by little, or stop stretching this part and take a different approach?
It doesn't hurt really bad. Its just a pain in the ass, while stretching.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Klaus

Cole Dano

Back muscles can easily cramp when they are exposed to new movements. 

In most cases, if it is a cramp, it generally a matter of giving it a few days to release.

The turning movement doesn't need to be avoided altogether, rather very gently turn just to the edge of comfort and don't force beyond that point.

Klaus Weiler

Thanks Cole for the quick answer. :)

I´m experiencing this pain from time to time since a few months now, but especially when I´m doing this isolated movement/rotation. 

Should I go with the same approach of gently turning just to the edge of comfort without forcing beyond that point?
At the moment I´m putting some Voltaren on and try to be easy on it. 

Cole Dano

Yes, that would be the conservative approach.

Since it's gone on for so long, it would also be good to see a good physiotherapist or similar.

Klaus Weiler

Ok, thank you. I`ll do that.