This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2/IM struggles

Started by Daniel Miles, June 30, 2016 · 7 Replies · 241 Views

Daniel Miles

Hi Guys!

ive been really struggling with the integrated mobility for PE2 on headstand. 

I can barely get an unweighted stick beyond half the movement required. It just gets to a place where if physically will not budge and feels stuck. Perhaps lack of strength/mobility etc. 

Is there anything extra I can work on to help bring this up? Doing it alone feels like it won't change a lot! 

Thanks! 

Petri Widsten

You need to work the shoulder extension stretches in Thoracic Bridge.

Alessandro Mainente

Basically you need to stretch the internal rotators, stretch course is an option.

Ryan Reynolds

I had the exact same feeling as you Daniel, 5x10sec twice a week doesn't seem like enough stimulus to make a difference.  I added twisting bear and table rocks to my warmup for handstand days, and FL, SPL, HBP, RC days.  And its resulting in progress.

Nicola Onose

Ryan, how many table rocks do you usually do? Or do you just go by feel?

Alessandro Mainente

When doing the table rocks remember to:

-retract

-depress

-open your chest up

-fully externally rotate the upper arm so that the inner part of the elbow looks to the side.

pay attention on the last point.

Ryan Reynolds

I usually do 10 slow reps, and 10 twisting bears, nothing to demanding just get warm and open.

Alessandro Mainente

The repetitions should be made with a technical details in order to maximize the exercise. can I see if possible your table rocks?