This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TS follow-along video -- follow tempo, or target reps?

Started by William Marler, June 29, 2016 · 2 Replies · 113 Views

William Marler

I'm not able to do 10 reps of TBs-se19 (Elevated Thoracic Bridge Pushup), 10r of TBs-se21 (10r Elevated Thoracic Bridge Hip Tap), or 5r of TBs-se23 (Bridge Wall Walk with Hands) at the tempo of the follow-along course. At this point I've done the series enough to have the sequence memorized, so I just stop the video at tbs-se19 and do the full 10r/5r at my own tempo, with 30s of rock-n-rolls & final pike using my own stopwatch.

It's pretty much impossible for me to watch the video while doing these elements (being upside down & backwards...), so it wasn't until a few days ago, when I sat down to study Orench, Grace, and Kira's form that I realized ... they don't do the 10r of the TBs-se19 & TBs-se21 according to coach's tempo either. Well Grace does (beast!) -- but Orench does 8r tbs-se19; Kira does 9 (not counting the first push-up; should I be counting that as 1r?), then Orench does 9 tbs-se21, and Kira does 5.

This isn't a critique of our excellent instructors -- not at all. What I want to know is: as I work this series, should I be focusing on doing 10r at slower-than-coach's tempo (what I've been doing), or should I be focusing on doing as many as I can do while sticking to coach's tempo (even if that means ~half the prescribed reps)? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Do want you can or BETTER: adjust the exercise in a scaled form so that you can perform the prescribed reps/second. the benefits is associated with the tempo and rep/sec suggested by the course. 

William Marler
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

adjust the exercise in a scaled form so that you can perform the prescribed reps/second. the benefits is associated with the tempo and rep/sec suggested by the course. 

Oh man, this is the totally obvious solution that just hadn't occurred to me :facepalm:. Thanks.