This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE 1 Form Check

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, June 29, 2016 · 5 Replies · 58 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

Here is my RC/PE 1. I just wanted to make sure that I am performing this correctly. Another movement I moved on from but wanted to revisit to make sure it is correct. I also notice much more ROM since last time I performed them which I am sure it is advancements from the stretch series. Thanks for your thoughts.

Petri Widsten

ROM and arm angles are good. There is a little hip bobbing you may wish to eliminate to perfect your form.

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks Petri, I will pay more attention to my hips.

Alessandro Mainente

Hips should remain at the same height, sometime you tend to lift them up while returning into the resting bottom position. Beside that the form and the tempo are good.

Jeremy Aldridge
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hips should remain at the same height, sometime you tend to lift them up while returning into the resting bottom position. Beside that the form and the tempo are good.

What do you think would be the cause of this? Possibly relaxing and not keeping tension throughout the negative portion?

Alessandro Mainente

No, it is a little detail. it is a matter of the perceived position. 

Motor pattern refinement my friend nothing more. You are learning to feel your body...enjoy the process.