This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Speed Skater Squat - Recording Reps

Started by Philip Bedwell, June 28, 2016 · 1 Replies · 80 Views

Philip Bedwell

Hi,

 

Been working my way through Foundations One and the Handstand package and been having a great time!

I have checked out tomorrows programming in advance and I know my nemesis is coming in a Speed Skater Squat.  I have poor ankle flexibility so I know I'll be such on this module for a while because I'll have to work on not collapsing the last few inches.


What I wanted to ask is when I'm recording my reps should I only record the ones which have perfect form as in the video?  I also noticed that on the first video the heel is coming off the floor whereas in the second the heel stays down.  I'm guessing I should aim for heel down?

 

I'll be posting a video up of my form over the next couple of days for guidance too.

 

I won't be getting frustrated though.  I've been loving the progress and all the new movements I've been learning.  It's a fantastic course. 

Alessandro Mainente

Heel should be always held fixed on the ground . 

I understand your  limitation, you should use the position of the skater squat (with a little elevated surface under the ball of the foot) as a stretch position. remember that during this exercise soleus is both stretch and squeezed so you need definitely a more flexibility in the resting position.