This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE 1 Form Check Please

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, June 28, 2016 · 12 Replies · 127 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Bt0WJV8Tc

After reading Jon Douglas's 2.0 post I decided to revisit all my elements and make sure I really am where I need to be. Most of my issues are in mobility but I know that will come with time. I had moved on to FL/PE 2 but thought I better make sure I have the correct position to begin with. I am really trying to focus on getting as much PPT as I can in this position while keeping my ribs sucked down and core tight. I might be squeezing a bit to hard as to why I tend to shake so much, not sure on that one? Also, should the core be sucked in and tight or just tight and flexed? Thank you for your replies.

Jeremy Aldridge

I have read the post on embedding the videos but the only way I can seem to load a video is through a link. Any suggestions on this would also be helpful, Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

You need to hold the hips more closed, this actual leverage is more similar to a straddle version (talking about perceived effort) compare tu a bent version.

Jeremy Aldridge

So would it be safe to say I could close the angle a bit and go back to PE 2 and start working the rocks? I thought in another post you had suggested we keep our legs bent at like 45°.I just  really want to make sure I dial in this feeling the core so I don't hit a road block down the road. Thanks for checking it Alessandro.

Eva Pelegrin

Good call Jeremy.

instead of using the link button, try  copy/pasting the link in post's text box and hit return.

Oh, and turn your phone sideways b4 Cole sees this so we can see your legs.

Alessandro Mainente

I think that there is a substantial difference.

-your head is too back, do not tilt the head backward

-more curl in the spine is required.

This means that when in doubt the course execution should be the primarily point of reference. then shoot a video for a further form check.

bent h body.png

Jeremy Aldridge
7 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Good call Jeremy.

instead of using the link button, try  copy/pasting the link in post's text box and hit return.

Oh, and turn your phone sideways b4 Cole sees this so we can see your legs.

Thanks for the pointers Eva, I will try that. I was reading your post about the FL/PE 2 determination and that is what also pushed me to revisit my position. Did you ever feel that you were over working your core by doing the rocks everyday?

Jeremy Aldridge
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I think that there is a substantial difference.

-your head is too back, do not tilt the head backward

-more curl in the spine is required.

This means that when in doubt the course execution should be the primarily point of reference. then shoot a video for a further form check.

bent h body.png

Thanks for posting this comparison Alessandro! I actually feel my core trying to pull my shoulders up off the floor much more than they are but for some reason I was envisioning more of a hollow body hold with arms overhead and thought I should be straighter. I think I was actually making it much harder than I needed to. I will do it again and post another video and see what you think.

Eva Pelegrin

Great to hear Jeremy and thank you for sharing. No, doing the rocks everyday day helps me with my stubborn lower back. I need iit! On FL/PE2 I was only doing 2-3 set on my days off. GTG (greasing the groove) without killer muscular fatigue – that's reserved for my F7 days.

Btw, try to look right between your thighs/knees. Chin pointing down towards your sternum. it will align your neck in a more desirable position.

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks Eva, I will post a new video tomorrow when I fix these corrections.

Jeremy Aldridge

I adjusted my position on this hold. Let me know what y'all think please. Thanks

I am back at work so it's not the best ideal recording situation. I am having to workout in our trailer and I have to use sheets tied around a pull up bar for my ring work. LOL!

Wayne Smith

In the follow along videos Coach Orench says, and shows that pointed toes should be almost touching the floor?

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks Wayne, I did notice and I filmed a few different variations but I think quad tightness is preventing me from more of a downward point. The only way to keep feet lower for me at this time is lose hip angle and Alessandro pointed out in my first clip that it was to open to begin with. Just another piece to work on. Lol!