This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Approve and Answer

Started by Cory Fair, June 28, 2016 · 9 Replies · 64 Views

Cory Fair

 @Cole Dano@Zach Armijo @Wesley Tan @Alessandro Mainente 

This is a brand new student. Whenever you approve a post, make sure to reply to it. That extra  minute or two to reply makes a huge impression on new members that GB is attentive to its students.

Alessandro Mainente

C'mon guys there are many different posts approved and not answered, if you read for approve spend a couple of min to answers!

Coach Sommer

As Alex pointed out above, posts were still being 'approved' without being answered.  Now things are even worse.  Posts are simple not being 'approved'.   There are currently more than 10 (ten) posts sitting in the forum awaiting 'approval'.  This obviously reflects quite poorly on GB and leads our newest students who are in need of the most assistance adrift with no guidance whatsoever.

To address these needs, I have restructured the entire forum moderator program.  More to come shortly.

Cole Dano

Coach, I'm not seeing any unapproved posts on my unread posts queue. There are pile of hidden posts.

Alessandro Mainente

It's fine Cole, I wrote on this post one week ago, there was a couple of days with a lot of approved but not answered discussions.

Cory Fair

In the upper right corner, click your name and then Moderator CP. The approval queue shows 8 posts that need to be addressed this morning by the moderation team.

Cole Dano

Oh crap, I wasn't using that feature correctly.

But why don't the unapproved posts show in my unread posts feed?

Alessandro Mainente

Same as you Cole , I didn't know about this feature, it's very helpful.

Also to be more precise i've answered some posts in the "approval queue", now the section says "no more content to be approved" but just above on the right there is this:

2 Approval Queue.

What does this number means?

Cole Dano

I think that's just a bug. Mine was showing 4 with no actual posts in queue now shows the correct zero. 

It looks like it will just walk you through the existing posts needing approval, so, if there aren't any there, you can safely disregard the little number.

Jon Douglas

Aaah well that answers a couple of questions.