Rings set up at home

Started by Angelo Catalano, June 27, 2016 · 8 Replies · 4,430 Views

Angelo Catalano

I'm new to GB. How can I set up the rings at home without a pull up bar. Any help is appreciated

Cole Dano

That's going to depend on where you want to set the rings up, the kind of ceiling, if you are able to drill holes in the ceiling etc.

If you can give us more info on that we can try to give you some ideas.

Kevin Herring

I purchased a Rouge Ring Hanger to install in my utility/laundry room.  http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-ring-hanger

The room is rough finished so no exposed rafters.  I'll install it next week over the holiday.  A bit of overkill.  Probably could have gotten by with a couple of 3/8-in eye bolts. 

Try youtube for a variety of vids on how to.

Scott Peterson

I live in an apartment and can't drill into the ceiling (plus I have vaulted ceilings). Any suggestions on what I can do for rings? Much appreciated!

Cole Dano

A doorway style pull up bar will work.

You have to be a bit careful not to accidentally dislodge the bar though. 

A good one will come with a retainer clip which makes harder to accidentally jar the bar off the door's moulding.

Angelo Catalano

I am in an apartment, and I cannot drill at all. I was told that there was a way to use the door. 

Angelo Catalano

Is the pull up bar sturdy enough?

Cole Dano

Look at my previous post.

Joachim Hecht

Do you have a garret coming with your apartment? Maybe there are some beams where you can attach your rings. Or kind of a laundry? Rings can be set up fast, so maybe you will give this a try.