This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 - Form check please

Started by Tracey Weaver, June 27, 2016 · 7 Replies · 117 Views

Tracey Weaver

 I spent many weeks at HBP/PE1.5 lol

I am moving on to HBP/PE2.  Hopefully these reps looks clean and strong! 

Alessandro Mainente

You tend to lose immediately the posterior pelvic tilt from the beginning of the first rep. you should hold the PPT so that the body moves as a single unit.

Also do not elevate the shoulders at the top. 

Can you post some reps of the previous element?

Jon Douglas

Ale has it right here. Plenty strength in theaems but you'll need to tighten up the mechanics in order to nail your pseudo planche pushups

Tracey Weaver

My PPT sucks.  Really.   I have had low back surgery 14 years ago L4/5 and then two c-sections 12 and 8 years ago.  I know I have made postural accommodations for years since when I went too posterior with my pelvis it would evoke pain in my back.  So I would avoid PPT. 

I will continue to work on PPT.  Like most things.. I will have to put strength on hold until I can get the mobility to match.

any suggestions on extra work I can do to move my PPT gains along quicker? 

Thank you.

Petri Widsten

H1 iMs 9-12 focus on PPT. H1 PEs 3 and 4 also require holding PPT and are not technically challenging.

Tracey Weaver

Thanks All. Petri... It is funny you mentioned HSPE3... As I am in my 3rd week.  Since we are on the topic... How does my PPT look here?

 

 

Petri Widsten

I actually meant PEs 4 and 5, sorry about that, Tracey. Your form in the video (that probably belongs in the H1 forum) seems ok but I'd wait for a coach to confirm.

Tracey Weaver

Lol yes I will post it there. I just put it here since it came up.  haha