This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS Training for Muscle Ups

Started by John Enyeart, June 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 156 Views

John Enyeart

I haven't really tried doing muscle ups for quite a while--probably about a year. And even then, I could only do one at a time, if that. Fast forward to right now: I just finished my 4th week of Handstand One, and I went to the gym earlier this week and pumped out 3 sets of 3 muscle ups on a whim even though I haven't been doing *any* muscle up-specific training. I gotta say, all of the shoulder/wrist strength and mobility from HS training makes muscle ups seem kind of easy now.

 

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you. Thanks for the awesome training programs coach!

Jon Douglas

That's cool. Wrist strength makes a huge amount of things more achievable :)

Oussama KHELLADI

i was very obsessed with the muscle up before i started Gst i was able to it on rings with nearly an L sit(after a long journey of mixing everything in order to obtain it, its funny to know that u just need good mobility for it) but from workout to workout i had some elbow tendonite it went well after but since i started Gst and saw that the muscle up is in the ring serie and coach said that finish the F7  than go for Ring 1 , now with the extra mobility i got i dont even try the muscle up and am not worried about it at all because am sur it will come as easy as you said 

this is my share 

Christian Nogueira

Improved shoulder extension mobility also helps a lot.

Alessandro Mainente

Pay attention please that there is no element in HS that gives the specific preparation for elbows , wrist and shoulders for the muscle up development. So do not consider the handstand as an accessory exercise to fill the deficits in muscle up.