This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 im form check

Started by Johan Tideland, June 26, 2016 · 4 Replies · 70 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, how is my form on the im? I am actually working on the PE2 but I wanted to revisit the PE1 to make 100% sure I have got it down.

I am using a cask with water on a broomstick handle as a weight. In the cask there is about 2-3 liters of water.

https://youtu.be/i-O3fvc4Owo

Thanks in advance

Johan

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice shoulders flexion, be sure to hold your ribs in.

Johan Tideland

Thank you Alessandro. 

I tried to hold my ribs in today and I just realized that I have never actively tried to pull them in, so I don't really know how to do it. I try to pull them in but it looks like I am only pulling in my abdominal if I do it, perhaps it is a tad bit better, but how do I get really good?

Here is a video of my attempts

https://youtu.be/nhqORCSvYyc

Johan Tideland

I have been doing this im a few times every day now and trying to pull my ribs in, I can't see that much off a difference if I compare to before.

It would be nice to get some sort of pointers to how I can work on pulling my ribs in, just thinking about it when I practice does not seem to work so far.

Here are 2 new videos from today, dont know if it helps but ill post them anyway.

https://youtu.be/JW2SwH2dPwM

https://youtu.be/_s5ktK1W0VU

Thank you

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Try to repeat the angles of the first video in the post above, more precisely at 20 sec mark.