This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE5 - No Cramping?

Started by Randeep Walia, June 26, 2016 · 5 Replies · 137 Views

Randeep Walia

I've been stuck on HS/PE5 for a while. Not really a big surprise as my thoracic extension is really limited and probably very weak. However, I keep wondering about the course notes for this movement: "Experiencing dramatic cramps in the traps is common."

When I read that I remember thinking, "oh boy, that's gonna be me," but I've actually never experienced cramping in the months that I have been working on this. I use 5-6lbs and really lift into my maximal contraction. Is it just a case of different bodies experiencing different things, or am I not activating the right muscle groups? As a point of reference I really work on elevating the shoulders and keeping the hands shoulder width apart before the lift.

Cole Dano

I don't think you understand Coach Sommer's sense of humour. 

Randeep Walia

I guess not. If you don't humoring me I think I need the joke explained... 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

To be honest, I do experience those cramps with as little as 5lbs. Weak traps in elevation?

Alessandro Mainente

Weak trap in flexion. before you can feel cramps in elevation you need to lift approximately 2 times your BW...maybe more.

Randeep Walia

2xbw... wow! Is that a H1 progression I missed somewhere?