This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Creative Gymnastics

Started by Viktor Jansson, June 26, 2016 · 2 Replies · 138 Views

Viktor Jansson

The problem I see with the Circle Arch Up: SL/PE6, when attempting it alone/ without workout partner, is that I'm forced to use approx 60-70% of my hamstrings, in order to initiate and complete the move, when the percentage of the working muscle group should be around 80-90% for obliques and lower back (from my perspective, but I could be wrong also).

I want to perform this exercise as strict as possible (and yesterday I didn't have a workout partner) and don't want my SL to lack behind due to absence of teammates during the summer... Any creative ideas on how to do the Circle Arch Up: SL/PE6 alone in a gymnastics gym?

(Please view the images for a understanding of my current solution on this move, where I basically lay face-down on the vault table, fix my feet under the trampoline (as shown by the black strap) and put the 10 kg weight onto my hamstrings for further assistance).

Have a fantastic day!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cole Dano

Why do you need the extra weight on your hamstrings? Seems like feet under the tramp should be enough.

Viktor Jansson

Currently the extra weight is for reducing the stress on my hamstrings, but my hamstrings still fatigue long before my core does...

Any ideas? :) 

Have a fantastic day!