This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A thank you to Coach Sommer

Started by David Wilkinson, June 24, 2016 · 3 Replies · 296 Views

David Wilkinson

A thank you to Coach Sommer:

I have been following the foundations course for 1 year now and I can honestly say it is without doubt the best program I've ever come across. It has challenged me like nothing else and exposed imbalances in both strength and flexibility that I never knew existed or had a clue how to fix. Never mind helping me fix a back issue I have had for 3 years and shoulder impingement! 

I read his original article about Planche and Front lever years ago and I was hooked. I bought the book and videos but still didn't really know where to start and when to move to the next exercise. 

The foundations program answers EVERYTHING and is so structured that it is easy to follow, yet every new progression looks freakishly hard and normally kicks my ass at first! 

I have just bought F2 as I am progressing well on single leg squat and side lever, yet am still getting destroyed by some of the core and upper body exercises. But I am in this for the long run and will certainly attend a seminar sometime down the line. 

This is what I have been searching for in my training and I couldn't be happier in taking my time and getting stuck in to the extremely humbling work. By all accounts Gymnastic Bodies is growing more and more and you guys deserve all the success you're getting.

As Coach Sommer said in one of his excellent podcasts... Vet your sources of info, be patient and put in the work "Where's the fire guys?" :)

Dave 
Dublin

Coach Sommer

You are most welcome, Dave!

And thanks for such a great, heartfelt testimonial.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

César Cruz

Hey dave, that's so cool that you are doing a nice progress.

May i ask u what kind of lower back issue you had/have ?

I do also have, and i have trouble specially in SL mobility work which rotates the spine a little bit, did u ever had this problem? do you have some tips? could you share ur experience please?

for example i've "mastered" SL PE1 but not the IM, i've tried the PE2 for a couple of weeks and the IM was not possible for me, specially because i have tigth hamstrings, so i decided to come back to PE1 and i'll post form check

Thanks :)

David Wilkinson
On 25 June 2016 at 1:53 AM, Coach Sommer said:

You are most welcome, Dave!

And thanks for such a great, heartfelt testimonial.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hi Cesar,

Yes I had the same problem with these iMs. It turned out to be very tight QL on one side (basically my obliques). 

I fixed it by:

-focusing on doing the iM the best I could without any pain and not leaning back too far initially

-stretching and massaging my obliques (a foam roller got great results here)

-basic side plank variations without any twist (just to build strength)

-stretching my hamstrings

-and most importantly...patience!!

dont worry it will improve with time!

good luck :)

Dave