This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tips for Crab

Started by Wes Kriesel, June 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 162 Views

Wes Kriesel

I searched the forum for "crab" since that was my most difficult position/movement in week 1 of Foundations. I saw other people (two men, specifically) had given similar reports, but I didn't see any tips.  My experience is the crab position is ok, but once I start to move the hips begin to sag and its hard to figure out how to bring them up and continue the forward movement. 

Also, today I noticed that my shoulders seemed stiff (which I hadn't noticed before) and was wondering how that stiffness was impacting the rest of the movement. 

Everything else is great. I'm loving the course. I feel good after I learn and practice something new.  I'm particularly shocked at the lack of wrist flexibility! I use a computer mostly all day every day and have never worked on wrist flexibility since my typing instructor in high school used to make use do finger and wrist stretches. Long time ago! 

Any tips for what to focus on from week one to increase shoulder flexibility? I don't seem to experience any limited range of movement in the prone/supine straight positions when I lay on the ground, so it seems to be the extension of the shoulder & arm beneath and behind me in the crab. Thanks for any suggestions! 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

This post belongs in the private Fundamentals forum. As per your question, just keep going, give it your best each time you do it and don't work through pain. Mobility takes time.

Mark Collins

At this stage just perform the crab. There are specific exercises in Foundation and stretch that will address the bridge and shoulder extension.