This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 1 failures ... Shoulder pain

Started by Mike Marcinek, June 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 95 Views

Mike Marcinek

Hi everyone! 

 

I am am a strength and conditioning coach who decided to take the plunge into gymnastics based training . After some competitive powerlifting and rehabbing some back and neck injuries I he settled nicely into a good groove for a few years until I ended up experience some shoulder and neck pain. 

I had been able to manage it the past few months and get back into sown training however after doing my first foundation workout( I had done the fundamentals ) my shoulders are killing more than they have in months .

 

the scap push-up and inclined push-up seemed to do it in. It start with the scap pu and got way worse with the incline p/u and the. Carried over to the ring hinge .

should I scrap these from the next session? Thanks in advance

 

 

 

 

Julia Quigley

One tenant here is do not work through bad pain.

Pain in these movements is telling you something isn't working like it should. Either your form is off (possibly), but given your history, it's likely an imbalance/mobility deficit/weak tissue. 

I'd spent the time you would normally invest in these strength elements on fixing the underlying issue with band work, mobility exercises, and whatever you need to get fully better.

Also, welcome to the party! Glad to have you :)

Mike Marcinek

Thank you Julia!