This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adjustments for Recovering Lumbar Strain

Started by Jeffrey Bailey, June 22, 2016 · 1 Replies · 48 Views

Jeffrey Bailey

Hi all,

I am recovering from a lumbar strain from pre-GST. It flared up during Windmills the first week of GST. I have been staying away from those until I can recover fully.

I am currently in beginnings of Foundation One (no further than PE2 in any movement) and also plan to start Front Split Stretch series. Looking to avoid setting myself back as I did with Windmills initially.

Any other exercises to avoid/adjust? Anything you can think that may help to focus on? Any guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Srini Duggirala

My advice would be to pay serious attention to the form videos of every exercise, especially the stretching ones involving lower back and lumbar such as piking, pan cakes etc and go only as deep into the stretch as you can. Don't try to match, I repeat, do not try to match those guys in the videos.

The form videos are top notch and explain the scaling in options where needed. I wish they were made available a few months ago when I bought the stretching videos.