This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 target weight?

Started by Chris Hansen, June 22, 2016 · 7 Replies · 180 Views

Chris Hansen

On the Supine Flexion with Weighted Bar exercise, is there a target weight to work towards?

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

1 kg it is fine.

Corrigenda, see my post below.

Rahul Kher

Only 1kg for mastery?

And what about keeping pe4 & or5 in warm-up & building it up to 20kg?  

 

Chris Hansen

Thanks. Is there anything to be gained from going heavier?

Alexander Egebak

Alessandro, does 1 kg apply to the prone version as well?

Alessandro Mainente

Sorry guys, I ridden supine...understood prone, but it is the following element.

Personally at least 10 kg. I found that building it up to 15 and 20 kg improves dramatically the ability to hold firmly the lower back flat on the ground.

Randeep Walia

So you are saying Prone, HS/PE5, is 1kg, but Supine, HS/PE4 is 10kg. Correct? I feel like I should point out that in this thread...

...Coach Sommer did specify 2kg for mastery for these two elements.

On 6/23/2016 at 7:47 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Personally at least 10 kg. I found that building it up to 15 and 20 kg improves dramatically the ability to hold firmly the lower back flat on the ground.

What are the advantages of developing that ability from a handstand perspective?

Alessandro Mainente

That handstand should be done with ribs in and lower back flat. also this exercise has a good carryover on lats activation for straight bar handstand.

Coach Sommer pointed out the "at least" in order to move on, that you what you need in order to move on. But I think that for a National Coach the "at least" is something you need to overcome easily soon or after. pretend more by yourself it is imperative.