This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question for Coach Sommer

Started by Valentin, April 3, 2008 · 4 Replies · 997 Views

Valentin

Hi Coach

Its pretty clear your athletes are nicely conditioned haha, however i was wondering what is a general (and if you feel like sharing in detail please do so ) training day.. For example warm-up, conditioning, injury prevention, leg strength, upper body strength etc...

Pretty much how are you training structured? and how often do your athletes train.

I would be quite interested to know what your program is like

Thanks

thekyloe

Hey, obviously I'm not Coach Sommer, but I'm pretty sure that he'll answer that kind of question through his upcoming book.

Valentin

Hi

yeah i figured as much, but worth a try. All the more to look forward to the books for.

Blairbob

Levski, in another thread, he said his top athletes train 6 days a week and condition 4 days a week. Strength and prevention/rehab/conditioning is a total of 50% of training time ( split between each 25+25 ), events being the other 50%. He has not stated hours per level.

Valentin

Hi

Thanks BlairBob. Sounds really good.